Coordinator, Regulatory & Technical Affairs
1 month ago
Rosslyn, VABack to All Careers
Consumer Brands continues to monitor the ever-evolving pandemic. While this position will interview, onboard and work remotely for the near term, this role will be expected to be available weekly in the DC-Metro area when federal, state and local guidance support a safe return to face-to-face meetings.
The coordinator, regulatory & technical affairs is the hub of the regulatory & technical affairs’ member services and is responsible for facilitating the flow of information to and from members. This role serves as a trusted source of the latest regulatory activity, sharing knowledge and coordinating member requests.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Develop newsletters other department-branded communications efforts related to advocacy priorities, issues and opportunities within regulatory affairs.
- Work collaboratively to keep widely aware of the regulatory issues facing the industry.
- Assist with member interactions and generate insights from member feedback about impact to our policy and advocacy efforts.
- Monitor developing trends about issues, opportunities and plans to enhance member services.
- Provide customer service to members, U.S. regulatory contacts and other external stakeholders.
- Facilitate information sharing and support meetings, activities and other events.
- Summarize and analyze proposed regulations, guidance and other emerging issues as needed.
- Support the collection of information for developing stakeholder comments, talking points and slide decks.
Experience and Education
- A minimum of a BA/BS degree is required.
- Experience producing newsletters and crafting formal communications is preferred.
- 1-3 years regulatory experience in the food, household or personal care products industry is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate both policy and technical issues in concise messages.
- Excellent customer service skills and email etiquette.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- General understanding of the regulatory policy environment and language.
- Passion for learning issues and driving results.
- Advanced proficiency in Office 365 Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize work.
- Flexibility in learning new software and/or computer/technical applications.
- A self starter with the ability to work independently.
- Ability to work on cross-functional teams.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Our Updates, Delivered to You
Receive the latest updates from the Consumer Brands Association.