Executive Vice President, Industry Engagement
2 months ago
Arlington, Va.Back to All Careers
Consumer Brands is a hybrid workplace! This position is expected to collaborate with our fully vaccinated team in the Rosslyn office at least three days per week (Wednesdays are required) and has flexibility to work remotely for the remaining days. As a member of the organization’s executive team, flexibility to be onsite whenever needed is required.
The executive vice president, industry engagement is an integral part of the organization’s executive team. Reporting directly to the CEO this role has critical responsibilities in directing, strengthening, and setting the strategy for the organization. This person serves as the organization’s strategic engineer for products, sales and business growth. Partnering with the CEO on membership and products, business development and capital resource allocation, this position currently oversees several unique areas including full-cycle Membership, Industry Solutions (i.e. products and business development), and Meetings & Events. This person champions the organization externally and internally sets the priorities for the position’s areas of responsibility.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Partner with the CEO and other members of the executive team to set the organization’s strategy, drive strategic goal setting, establish performance metrics, and develop systems to track and analyze progress.
- Provide strategic leadership to the Industry Engagement department including Member Development, Engagement, Industry Solutions, and Meetings & Events.
- Serve as a member of the executive leadership team ensuring effective intradepartmental and interdepartmental alignment and collaboration and supporting a high-performance culture across the organization.
- Represent the organization externally to various members and member prospects, including board members, key stakeholders, and business development partners.
- Lead, mentor and motivate a diverse 7-person team with special attention to cultivating high performers.
- Serve as a senior strategic advisor and an active partner to the CEO, Board and leadership team on strategies for growth and to identify organization-wide engagement opportunities for members and prospects.
- Drive Consumer Brands’ engagement with members, prospects, key decision makers, and stakeholders.
- Collaborate across the organization to lead the creation of new benefits, engagement opportunities, and resources that enhance the member value proposition.
- Provide solutions-oriented oversight and leadership for all strategic membership and business needs of the company including defining value proposition, outreach strategy, member experience, product development and sales, recruitment and retention.
- Liaise with members and stakeholders to facilitate engagement, manage expectations, solicit input, mobilize support, educate, mediate crises, and advance the organization’s strategic plan.
- In collaboration with the CEO, build an annual budget that supports continued business growth and member retention.
- Responsible for the strategic direction and organizational alignment of the membership and events teams.
- Tracks progress and ensures accountability to measurable outcomes for all engagement activities.
- Partner with the vice president, industry solutions to identify and prioritize new revenue-generating opportunities including industry resources or new programs.
- Champion new initiatives, new member benefits, and opportunities to evolve to meet industry needs across the organization.
Experience & Education:
- A minimum of a BA/BS degree is required. An advanced degree such as an MS is a plus.
- 15+ years of association or fundraising experience, including 5+ years as a member of a leadership team.
- 10+ years of progressive leadership in membership or fundraising.
- Minimum of 6 years supervising direct reports.
- Demonstrated success in leading, inspiring and developing high-performing, diverse, and inclusive teams.
- Strong personal commitment to Consumer Brands’ mission, vision, goals and values.
- Proven ability to build collaborative, cross-functional relationships and trust with colleagues, employees, key customers, clients, partners and stakeholders.
- Exceptional public speaking skills including the ability to distill and articulate highly complex information to diverse audiences.
- Executive presence to represent the association at industry forums and events.
- Impeccable communication skills, both written and interpersonal, with a reputation of transparency and approachability.
- Strong strategic mindset.
- Strong process orientation with a knack for identifying and seizing opportunities for synergy and integration.
- Highly self-aware leader with a strong ability to delegate.
- Change management skills with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Possesses a high degree of self-awareness with a reputation for soliciting feedback.
- Exceptional business acumen with appreciation for the value of different organizational needs (i.e. financial, legal, talent, technological, etc.) and can take a balanced approach to managing competing needs.
- Technologically savvy and able to navigate a collaborative hybrid environment such as Zoom/in-person meetings, Microsoft Teams and shared drives while preserving confidentiality where required.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
The Consumer Brands Association is an equal opportunity employer that supports a diverse workforce. We seek candidates for employment based on knowledge, skills and abilities that are relevant to job performance. We do not discriminate on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Our Updates, Delivered to You
Receive the latest updates from the Consumer Brands Association.