Policy Manager, Packaging Sustainability
1 month ago
Arlington, Va.Back to All Careers
Consumer Brands is a hybrid workplace! Our fully vaccinated team collaborates in the office at least two days per week (Wednesdays are required) and works remotely for the remaining days. We are committed to employee safety and wellness and continue to monitor federal, state and local guidance for best practices when it comes to COVID-19.
The policy manager, packaging sustainability is responsible for generating insights and engaging with member businesses in impactful ways that support and expand the reach of Consumer Brands’ packaging sustainability program. Reporting to the vice president of packaging sustainability, the manager will monitor developing policy and regulations and identify opportunities to shape and enhance the program’s effectiveness.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Coordinate frequent touch campaigns to engage member businesses in key issues and build cross-industry support for Consumer Brands’ packaging sustainability activities.
- Provide research, data and issue-related information to staff, members, and other internal/external stakeholders.
- Partner with our communications team to convey packaging sustainability narrative as well as industry progress and achievements through data visualization and creative storytelling.
- Facilitate select packaging sustainability program meetings and solicit member company feedback, ensuring participation through structured agenda-setting and programmatic refinements.
- Heighten awareness to Consumer Brands’ packaging sustainability advocacy and industry affairs efforts.
Monitoring Policy and Industry Issues
- Monitor and assess federal and state legislation, regulation, emerging policies and issues that impact CPG packaging sustainability initiatives.
- Become an industry packaging sustainability expert, monitoring and updating the association on the most important issues for the CPG industry in this area.
- Collaborate with communications team to produce compelling external and internal narratives that speak to Consumer Brands’ policy objectives.
- Analyze sustainability metrics, industry achievements, innovation and industry progress reporting data.
- Use data insights to identify opportunity for additional sustainability products, tools or services including a tool for tracking policy developments.
- Monitor packaging sustainability content for effectiveness and recommend improvements based on available metrics, usage reports and user feedback.
- Represent the association and its policy positions at industry meetings and events.
- Collaborate with coalition partners, attending public facing events and conferences.
- Support the development of position papers, draft correspondence and prepare other materials to articulate the organization’s position to stakeholders.
- Serve as a staff resource, including for industry insights and research.
Experience & Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental sustainability, environmental science, public policy, communications, or related field preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2-5 years of professional experience.
- Demonstrated interest in sustainability, especially as they relate to public policy.
- Advocacy or public affairs campaign experience preferred. Congressional office or federal/state agency experience a plus.
- Advanced proficiency in Office 365 Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Passion for sustainability and business’ role in solutions.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Solid interpersonal skills.
- Excellent customer service skills and email etiquette.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work.
- Excellent decision-making skills.
- Flexibility in learning new software and/or computer/technical applications.
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Ability to work on cross-functional teams.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected under applicable law.
Our Updates, Delivered to You
Receive the latest updates from the Consumer Brands Association.