Program Development Specialist, SmartLabel
1 month ago
Arlington, Va.Back to All Careers
Consumer Brands is a hybrid workplace! This position is expected to collaborate in-person with our team in the Rosslyn office at least two days per week (Wednesdays are required) and has flexibility to work remotely for the remaining days.
The program development specialist, SmartLabel, works with the senior director, SmartLabel to develop and grow engagement with the SmartLabel program and is the primary resource to prospective brands. Reporting to the Senior Director, SmartLabel, this role will leverage new industry relationships to generate new business for the program by identifying prospective clients, executing sales development outreach, and building relationships with new clients. This role executes all growth-related pipeline generation, marketing, demand generation, forecasting, conversion rates, and special projects as assigned. The program development specialist, SmartLabel is a key partner in the ongoing growth and development of the SmartLabel program.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Cultivate, develop, and manage meaningful and lasting business relationships with participating companies and program allies like other trade associations and consumer groups.
- Establish regular touch points with customers in addition to monitoring participant engagement in working groups and perform proactive outreach when appropriate. Serve as a point of contact to participants, including scheduling regular touch points and distributing updates.
- Foster new relationships with prospective CPG brands and ignite enthusiasm around SmartLabel. Conduct extensive research on companies in advance of prospecting conversations; prepare materials, work with and equip senior director for meetings.
- In partnership with Marketing, lead the development of case studies and one-pagers for program marketing and outreach.
- In collaboration with the senior director, create and execute an outreach strategy. Understand the market, the SmartLabel brand, and the benefits and pain points of the program to articulate a compelling value proposition for participating brands and prospects.
- Execute participant prospect development, including monitoring daily CPG news to identify new prospects, recording outreach, leading and drafting follow up and tracking company leadership changes.
- Develop a sales and opportunity pipeline of prospective companies enabling the achievement of sales goals and metrics. Maintain prospect pipeline and recruitment plan of prospective companies, including tracking outreach, drafting email correspondence and scheduling follow-up.
- Facilitate SmartLabel demo presentations to prospective clients, adapting to the perspectives and interests of the company and tailored to the seniority/specialty of the prospect.
- Coordinate and participate in marketing/lead generating events such as trade shows, seminars and webinars as required.
- Develop quarterly and annual forecasts for program development.
Experience & Education:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent relevant experience in marketing, business, or sales required.
- Minimum 1 or more years’ experience in sales, marketing or account management.
- Experience with food labeling, nutrition, or personal care manufacturing a plus.
- Experience in a start-up environment a plus.
- Experience utilizing dedicated sales and CRM tools (such as Salesforce) desirable.
- Entrepreneurial spirit that thrives in a fast-paced, changing environment, willing to tackle both big-thinking analytical problems and implement tactical tasks simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal skills such as empathy and emotional intelligence with a reputation for charisma and strong interpersonal savvy.
- Solid written communications skills.
- Proven ability to follow sales processes and analyze data, synthesizing statistics both qualitative and quantitative.
- Excellent customer service skills and email etiquette.
- Quick study and lifelong learner, able to learn on the fly the many complexities and nuances of the CPG industry and member priorities.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize work.
- Passion for product transparency and building consumer trust.
- Solid project management skills.
- Flexibility in learning new software and/or computer/technical applications.
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Ability to work on cross-functional teams.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft 365 Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
The Consumer Brands Association is an equal opportunity employer that supports a diverse workforce. We seek candidates for employment based on knowledge, skills and abilities that are relevant to job performance. We do not discriminate on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Our Updates, Delivered to You
Receive the latest updates from the Consumer Brands Association.