Specialist, IT & Facilities Support
3 months ago
Arlington, VABack to All Careers
This is a regular, full-time position and is expected on-site at our Rosslyn office Tuesday through Thursday. There is flexibility to work remotely most Mondays and Fridays and is expected to report to the office if on-site presence is needed.
The Specialist, IT & Facilities Support has critical responsibilities in supporting our IT infrastructure and facilities to ensure that our operations run smoothly. Reporting to the vice president, operations, this role will be responsible for the day-to-day equipment needs and facilities experience of our team members.
Key areas of responsibility
IT Infrastructure & Support
- Support the organization’s IT infrastructure, including hardware, software, and networking.
- Provide technical support to staff for troubleshooting hardware and software issues.
- Escalate non-routine requests for assistance to outside expertise.
- Install and configure workstation hardware, operating systems, applications, and drivers.
- Diagnoses hardware, software and operator problems and takes remedial actions or recommends procedural changes.
- Lead small- to medium-scope IT projects that support organizational efficiency goals.
- Implement and maintain security protocols to protect organization’s data and systems.
- Manage relationships with technology vendors and service providers.
- Execute the troubleshooting, maintenance and upgrade activities of organization’s facilities, including office space, conference space and equipment.
- Support the vice president in relationship with building management and coordinate building maintenance activities.
- Support user-related facilities activities such as assigning keys, employee parking, phone assignments, etc.
Experience & Education
- High school diploma required. A Bachelor’s degree in a related field is desirable.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in IT Support and/or Helpdesk environment.
- Experience managing software and hardware vendor relationships.
- Experience troubleshooting and managing Microsoft 365 and PC hardware.
- Strong understanding of networking technologies and protocols.
- A strong self-starter, comfortable with taking the lead and making decisions in the context of routine tasks.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills including a burning desire to understand why something happened or is behaving a particular way.
- Hospitality-oriented with a natural desire to solve problems that help others.
- Strong customer service skills including desk side and remote support.
- Receptive to feedback and direction and in search of constant self-improvement.
- Comprehensive knowledge of enterprise stand-alone and networked computers and personal devices as well as related peripheral equipment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of commonly used stand-alone and network applications such as all aspects of Microsoft 365, Adobe products, Zoom, etc.
- Team player who thrives in a high-energy, multitasking and collaborative work environment.
- Familiarity with IT office equipment, printers, networking, monitors, cable types, TVs, projectors and other media/AV integrations.
- Passion for and demonstrated experience with quickly learning new systems, technologies.
- Fundamental understanding of cybersecurity and related risks and vulnerabilities.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft 365 applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, OneDrive, SharePoint, PowerPoint, etc.)
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
The Consumer Brands Association is an equal opportunity employer that supports a diverse workforce. We seek candidates for employment based on knowledge, skills and abilities that are relevant to job performance. We do not discriminate on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Job Application Form
"*" indicates required fields
Our Updates, Delivered to You
Receive the latest updates from the Consumer Brands Association.