Vice President, Federal Affairs
1 month ago
Arlington, Va.Back to All Careers
Consumer Brands is a hybrid workplace! Our fully vaccinated team collaborates in the office at least two days per week (Wednesdays are required) and works remotely for the remaining days. We are committed to employee safety and wellness and continue to monitor federal, state and local guidance for best practices when it comes to COVID-19.
The vice president, federal affairs has critical responsibilities in promoting and protecting the consumer packaged goods industry through a coordinated approach of research, communications and ally development. Reporting to the executive vice president, public affairs, this role will lead all federal lobbying functions of the organization and will lead the executional elements related to our federal advocacy agendas.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Manage Consumer Brands’ advocacy agenda including all federal strategic and tactical functions to support our short and long-term priorities and campaigns of our Supply Chain, Packaging Sustainability, and Product pillars.
- Drive Consumer Brands’ Congressional champion development efforts and lobbying on Capitol Hill.
- Oversee federal affairs committees.
- Oversee and grow political action committee.
- Manage consultants and vendors providing federal affairs services to the association.
- Lead a team of two with a focus on collaboration, professional growth and develop accountability for results, strong morale and retention.
Education and Experience:
- A minimum of a BA/BS degree is required. An advanced degree such as an MS is a plus.
- 12-15 years of work experience required, preferably in the legislative and/or executive branch.
- A track record of demonstrated results in government, private sector, association and/or political environments.
- Expert understanding of legislative and regulatory processes.
- Ability to be productive and drive results in the face of ambiguity.
- Superior interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Public speaking skills, including the executive presence to represent the association at industry forums and events desirable.
- Ability to drive consensus and achieve member alignment on advocacy and policy priorities.
- Results-oriented leadership, including management and mentorship of high-performing advocacy team.
- Team player who thrives in a high-energy, multitasking and collaborative work environment.
- Effortlessly adjust to changes in priorities, and balance short-term deliverables with long-term strategic goals while producing a high-caliber work product.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.).
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected under applicable law.
Our Updates, Delivered to You
Receive the latest updates from the Consumer Brands Association.