Vice President, Finance and Administration
2 weeks ago
Arlington, Va.Back to All Careers
The vice president, finance and administration is responsible for directing and executing the financial affairs of the organization in partnership with senior leadership, the finance committee and the board of directors. As a member of the leadership team, this role provides strategic financial input and administrative leadership on issues affecting the short- and long-term goals of the organization. This role, reporting to the general counsel and senior vice president, operations & initiatives, also leads the day-to-day operations of the organization’s headquarters, including equipment, facilities, IT and office support services. The vice president plays a critical part in strengthening cost-effective and efficient operations and supporting the achievement of organizational financial goals.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Prepare and oversee the association’s annual operating budget of ~$20 million.
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting.
- Prepare Finance & Audit Committee financial statement writeups and meeting materials.
- Present organization financials at both the senior leadership and board level.
- Serve as Treasurer of the association and its foundation.
- Direct development and implementation of financial policies and procedures.
- Manage relationships with vendors including auditors, tax preparers, payroll, insurance brokers and financial services.
- Lead specified risk management activities, including the procurement of appropriate insurance coverage.
- Develop and implement strategies to ensure the organization’s financial soundness and stability.
- Oversee and ensure completion of the annual audit of association financials, pension and employee savings plans, and all tax filings in partnership with the external audit firm.
- Serve as plan administrator for all employee savings benefit plans (e.g. 401(k), 457(b), pension, etc.)
- Recommend and implement changes in investment guidelines in collaboration with the Finance & Audit Committee and investment advisers.
- Direct investments of short-term assets to ensure the highest return within prescribed risk parameters.
- Direct investments of the association’s long-term assets including pension funds and surplus funds.
- Manage IT infrastructure and collaborate with external vendors to meet and anticipate the needs of an evolving organization.
- Establish relationships with and manage external vendors for Information Technology (IT) services and facility maintenance.
- Develop and implement strategies and policies for prudent and effective use of computers and hand-held devices.
- Liaise with property management on all tenant-related issues.
- Manage and regularly update the emergency evacuation plan.
- Manage facility maintenance and update procedures.
Experience and Education
- 10+ years of experience in in-house accounting or finance.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required with a related advanced degree preferred.
- CPA a plus.
- Association, non-profit or public accounting experience required.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics desirable.
- Expert knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Good understanding of investment practices
- Advanced proficiency in Office 365 Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong knowledge of pension accounting
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to convey complex financial concepts in concise messages to C-suite executives
- Passion for learning issues and tackling challenges
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize work
- Ability to be productive and drive results in the face of ambiguity
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Flexibility in learning new software and/or computer/technical applications
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
The Consumer Brands Association is an equal opportunity employer that supports a diverse workforce. We seek candidates for employment based on knowledge, skills and abilities that are relevant to job performance. We do not discriminate on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Get Updates Delivered to Your Inbox
Sign up to receive the latest updates from the Consumer Brands Association.