Vice President, Industry Solutions
2 weeks ago
Rosslyn, VABack to All Careers
Consumer Brands continues to monitor federal, state and local guidance and vaccination progress in the region. This position must be available to work in the DC-Metro area immediately upon hire. Throughout the summer, employees are expected to attend in-person team meetings in the office and work onsite at least one day per week while they are in the area. Starting September 7th, Consumer Brands is adopting a hybrid work schedule where employees will alternate reporting to the office and working remotely. Employees will be expected to report to the office at least 3 days per week.
The vice president, industry solutions is a highly strategic change agent comfortable with both big thinking and hands-on execution. This role leads teams to innovate and execute cutting-edge events, education and initiatives that will generate revenue while providing member value. Reporting to the executive vice president, industry engagement and working in a highly cross-functional role, this person manages a small team and is responsible for the creation, development and execution of best-in-class programs, events and resources that enhance the perception of the organization, generate momentum and drive revenue growth.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Identify and prioritize new revenue-generating opportunities including industry resources or new programs.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to identify opportunities to monetize existing efforts and grow organization revenue.
- Mobilize director, industry affairs, individual pillar leads and members to build marketplace solutions for key Consumer Brands pillar areas (packaging sustainability, supply chain, force for good and smart regulation) that generate member value and organization revenue.
- Collaborate with the membership team to identify and create additional opportunities that strengthen the Consumer Brands value proposition for decisionmakers at CPG companies and other member types.
- Lead conceptualization and execution of all virtual and in-person events, including marketing, content, logistics and budget.
- Create clear goals and metrics to determine success and ensure accountability.
- Oversee SmartBrief vendor relationship and grow product into a strategic asset, serving as a consistent brand steward and identifying additional revenue opportunities.
- Manage a small team dedicated to providing member value through education, networking and marketplace solutions.
- Support executive vice president in providing strategic leadership to the department.
- Lead teams in supporting, engaging and problem-solving for the organization broadly.
- Represent the department across the organization, as needed.
Experience and Education
- A minimum of a BA/BS degree in business, marketing, communications or a related field required.
- 12-15 years of related employment required, ideally at a trade association in a member-facing leadership role.
- Proven ability to lead teams, with at least five years of direct supervisory experience required.
- Budget management experience (revenue and expenses).
- CAE certification preferred.
- Consistently curious, strategic thinker with the ability to “connect the dots” to maximize opportunity for organization revenue.
- Ability to be productive and drive results in the face of ambiguity.
- Team player with exceptional collaboration and internal communication skills.
- Strong prioritization and decision-making skills.
- Entrepreneurial spirit who thrives in a fast-paced, changing environment, willing to tackle both big strategic challenges and implement tactical tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to quickly pivot and adapt as organization’s strategic direction evolves.
- Resourceful and a thoughtful steward of organizational resources and ROI.
- Receptive to feedback and direction, and in search of constant self-improvement.
- Strong manager of both people and resources with experience working across different internal teams and members.
- Lifelong learner with strong interest in CPG industry and business issues broadly.
- Leader willing to engage with the organization broadly and mentor talent in different departments with different backgrounds.
- Exceptional public speaking skills including the ability to distill and articulate highly complex information to diverse audiences and the executive presence to represent the association at industry forums and events.
- Ability to weigh differing points of view and build strong relationships even when consensus is not possible.
- Proficient in Microsoft 365 products.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
The Consumer Brands Association is an equal opportunity employer that supports a diverse workforce. We seek candidates for employment based on knowledge, skills and abilities that are relevant to job performance. We do not discriminate on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Our Updates, Delivered to You
Receive the latest updates from the Consumer Brands Association.