Vice President, Revenue and Membership Growth
2 months ago
Arlington, VABack to All Careers
This is a regular, full-time position and is expected on-site at our Rosslyn office Tuesdays through Thursdays. There is flexibility to work remotely most Mondays and Fridays and this person is expected to report to the office if on-site presence is needed.
The vice president, revenue and membership growth, drives the organization’s expansion strategy and identifies opportunities to grow and diversify our revenue streams. The vice president is a highly strategic and creative change agent adept at both big-picture thinking and hands-on execution. The role is accountable for the development and implementation of new membership campaigns and for recruitment and support of new organizational partners. Reporting to the executive vice president, industry engagement, and working in a highly cross-functional role, this role will manage a small team of two including support functions for new sponsors and members and will work closely in partnership with the Membership Services & Engagement team.
Key areas of responsibility
- Identify and prioritize new non-dues revenue opportunities including industry resources or new programs.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to identify opportunities to monetize existing efforts and grow organization revenue.
- Collaborate with the Member Services and other functional teams to identify and create additional opportunities that strengthen the Consumer Brands value proposition for decisionmakers at CPG companies and other member types.
- Identify prospective funding streams or support from existing and potential partners.
- Develop and execute membership attraction strategies, including both direct (designed to identify and interact with prospects) and indirect (designed to raise the profile of the organization with potential members) strategies.
- Set annual membership goals, including tracking and sharing progress with key stakeholders.
- Design member recruiting work plans, management of recruitment lists and updates for CBA staff and Board.
- Support Consumer Brands leadership team in cultivating relationships with high-priority membership targets through strategic outreach, communication and engagement.
Partnerships – Recruitment & Account Management
- Manage relationships with key organizational sponsors and partners; ensures sponsors are receiving full benefit of their membership and are renewing/growing their partnerships.
- Maintains regular outreach plan for new sponsors.
- Interact with high-level members and partners both virtually and in-person to direct, implement and measure partnership deliverables, manage projects and build relationships.
- Track deliverables for relevant partnerships or contracts.
Finance & Legal
- Manage budgets and budget forecasting for all incoming revenue and revenue-generating activity.
- Work with legal, accounting and other relevant team members to draft agreements for partners or sponsors.
- Lead a small team employing principles of employee engagement to ensure an aligned, engaged, and high-performing team.
- Support executive vice president in providing strategic leadership to the department.
- As part of the Senior Leadership Team, share in responsibility for fostering a positive, high-performing culture.
- Represent the department across the organization, as needed.
Experience & Education
- A minimum of a BA/BS degree in business, marketing, communications or a related field required.
- 12-15 years of related employment required, ideally at a trade association in a member- facing leadership role.
- Demonstrated track record in sales and/or revenue growth.
- Proven ability to lead teams, with at least five years of direct supervisory experience required.
- Budget management experience (revenue and expenses).
- Highly creative, with a knack for bringing new and innovative ideas to the table.
- Strategic thinker with an ability to align revenue generation activities with the strategic vision of the organization.
- Results-oriented and sales-minded leader with a passion for accomplishing challenging goals.
- Entrepreneurial spirit who thrives in a fast-paced, changing environment; comfortable with both conflict and ambiguity and able to pivot and adapt as organization’s strategic direction evolves.
- Strong collaborator with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong manager of both people and resources with experience working across different internal teams and members.
- Exceptional public speaker.
- Strong executive presence with the ability to represent the association at industry forums and events.
- Demonstrated track record of sales and/or fundraising, especially, in the consumer products, political or consulting arena.
- Lifelong learner with who is comfortable with changes and embraces feedback.
- Proficient in Microsoft 365 products.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
The Consumer Brands Association is an equal opportunity employer that supports a diverse workforce. We seek candidates for employment based on knowledge, skills and abilities that are relevant to job performance. We do not discriminate on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Job Application Form
"*" indicates required fields
Our Updates, Delivered to You
Receive the latest updates from the Consumer Brands Association.