Vice President, Operations
4 weeks ago
Rosslyn, VABack to All Careers
Consumer Brands continues to monitor federal, state and local guidance and vaccination progress in the region. This position must be available to work in the DC-Metro area immediately upon hire. Throughout the summer, employees are expected to attend in-person team meetings in the office and work onsite at least one day per week while they are in the area. Starting September 7th, Consumer Brands is adopting a hybrid work schedule where employees will alternate reporting to the office and working remotely. Employees will be expected to report to the office at least 3 days per week.
The vice president, operations is a business savvy manager who oversees the association’s major operations functions, providing strategic input to the general counsel and senior vice president, operations and initiatives while ensuring execution against key priorities, as well as routine processes and procedures. Major operations functions include finance, information technology, office support services and potentially human resources. A key business partner and member of the senior team, the vice president, operations plays a critical role in ensuring the efficient operation of the organization and the achievement of its budgetary goals. The vice president also supports and collaborates with others to drive revenue growth and identify and manage risk through appropriate controls. Depending on the experience and background of the candidate, this role may oversee the human resources function.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Budget and Risk Management
- Develop and implement strategies to ensure the efficient operation and financial soundness and stability of the organization.
- Partner with others to drive revenue growth and diversification.
- Oversee the preparation of and reporting against the association’s annual operating budget of ~$20 million.
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting.
- Direct development and implementation of the association’s controls environment, including finance and investment policies and procedures.
- Manage relationships with vendors including auditors, tax preparers, payroll, insurance brokers and financial services.
- Lead specified risk management activities, including a review of organizational risk and the procurement of appropriate insurance coverage.
- Manage information technology (IT) infrastructure and collaborate with external vendors to meet and anticipate the needs of an evolving, hybrid workforce.
- Ensure office optimization and function for a hybrid work environment.
- Identify opportunities to create efficiencies and implement system upgrades or new multi-functional solutions.
- Establish relationships with and manage external vendors for IT services and facility maintenance.
- Partner with GC/SVP to provide strategic leadership to entire department including Finance, IT, Facilities, Smart Label, CBA Foundation and HR.
- Manage all vendor/partner relationships relating to finance, IT and facilities.
- Lead a team of two/three ensuring high levels of engagement, alignment and results.
- Serve as part of the senior leadership team ensuring effective intradepartmental alignment and collaboration and supporting a high-performance culture across the organization.
- Represent the department/organization externally as needed including board presentations.
Experience and Education
- The ideal candidate will have experience successfully managing multiple operations functions at the same time (i.e., information technology, human resources, facilities, finance).
- 10+ years of experience in operations management or finance required.
- An advanced degree in a business-related field preferred.
- Association, non-profit or public accounting experience preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics desirable.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Strong presentation skills, including the ability to convey complex concepts in concise messages to C-suite executives.
- Passion for learning issues and tackling challenges.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize work.
- Ability to be productive and drive results in the face of ambiguity.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of and a strong respect for talent processes including employment lifecycle, performance management and employee relations.
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
- Good understanding of investment practices.
- Advanced proficiency in Office 365 Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Flexibility in learning new software and/or computer/technical applications.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
The Consumer Brands Association is an equal opportunity employer that supports a diverse workforce. We seek candidates for employment based on knowledge, skills and abilities that are relevant to job performance. We do not discriminate on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Our Updates, Delivered to You
Receive the latest updates from the Consumer Brands Association.