Senior Director, Member Engagement & Experience
1 month ago
Arlington, VABack to All Careers
This is a regular, full-time position and is expected on-site at our Rosslyn office Tuesday through Thursday. There is flexibility to work remotely most Mondays and Fridays with the expectation to report to the office if on-site presence is needed.
The senior director, member engagement and experience works collaboratively across the organization to strategically develop and lead membership engagement and retention strategies. Reporting to the executive vice president, and working in a highly cross-functional role, the senior director will ensure the delivery of best-in-class programs, events and resources that provide deep value to core members. This role will manage a team of 3 – 4, including event planning, content management, and the execution of engagement opportunities including CEO engagement, education and signature events. This position will serve as a resource to other departments to provide membership insight, enhance member relations, communications and day-to-day operations.
Key areas of responsibility
- Develop and implement a comprehensive membership retention strategy that aligns with mission and objectives to ensure 80% of the association’s revenue is generated.
- Identify, pitch and facilitate the design and execution of new opportunities for member engagement in collaboration with cross-functional team leads.
- Collaborate with communications team to create targeted campaigns and resources to retain members and showcase the value of membership.
- Develop strategies to maintain strong relationships with membership base.
- Establish member engagement goals, track progress, and provide regular reports on membership metrics, analysis and achievements.
- Identify and analyze industry trends, member feedback and competitive landscapes to continuously improve membership services and benefits.
- Oversee annual dues collection process ensuring complete and prompt payment of member dues.
- Identify and curate opportunities to generate value for member CEOs, including CEO Exchanges and regional CEO dinners.
- Partner with CEO and executive leadership team to design and deliver strategic board and executive committee meetings.
Program Innovation (Education, Meetings & Events)
- Design and oversee the development and execution of a comprehensive portfolio of virtual and in-person events, programs and educational offerings to deliver valuable programming for members.
- Collaborate with senior team to ensure that programs, services, education and event initiatives are integrated with the overall association strategy.
- Oversee SmartBrief vendor relationship and grow product into a strategic asset, serving as a consistent brand steward and identifying additional revenue opportunities.
Team Leadership and Budget Management
- Manage and develop a high-performing team responsible for member engagement, support and events.
- Foster a collaborative and inclusive work environment, promoting efficiency, creativity and innovation.
- Develop and manage the membership engagement and event budgets, ensuring financial are met and resources are allocated effectively.
Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Business Administration or Nonprofit Management, or related field.
- 7-10 years of related employment, preferably in an association.
- Experience managing direct reports.
- Experience in the consumer packaged goods industry a plus.
- Experience managing boards and committees required.
- Exposure to corporations as customers and stakeholders preferred.
- Strong collaborator with demonstrated record of inspiring “followership” amongst multiple stakeholders.
- Strong service mindset with a passion for finding new and creative ways to deliver value to members.
- Strong leadership skills and track record of both developing high-performing teams and successfully integrating cross-functional teams.
- Excellent customer relations skills including – persuasion, negotiation, and conflict management.
- Flexible in the face of change and comfortable with ambiguity.
- Strong project management skills – including ability to engage and manage senior-level leader’s participation.
- Quick study, able to learn on the fly the many complexities and nuances of our industry and member priorities.
- Continuous learner – receptive to feedback and direction, and in search of constant self-improvement.
- Advanced proficiency in Office 365 Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
The Consumer Brands Association is an equal opportunity employer that supports a diverse workforce. We seek candidates for employment based on knowledge, skills and abilities that are relevant to job performance. We do not discriminate on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Job Application Form
"*" indicates required fields
Our Updates, Delivered to You
Receive the latest updates from the Consumer Brands Association.