Enhancing consumer safety and wellness through smart, uniform regulations.
Championing Smart Regulation
Patchwork state regulations hurt consumers, undermine public health and cost the U.S. economy billions of dollars each year. The Consumer Brands Association advocates for smart regulatory frameworks that maintain affordability, promote choice and build consumer trust.
Protecting Public Health
State-by-state regulations can confuse consumers and create infeasible mandates for manufacturers. We support elevating smart, national regulatory solutions to benefit all consumers.
Protecting Public Health
The industry is always learning and improving, diligent in the training and research that promotes the protection of consumer health and safety.
Uniform regulatory frameworks are critical for innovation, giving companies a roadmap to plan for the products consumers will want in the future.
Leading the Call to Continue Modernizing at the Speed of the Consumer
The Consumer Brands Association believes that a modernized FDA, coupled with key structural and governance changes, could help the agency keep pace with rapidly evolving consumer preferences and ensure the availability of safe and high-quality products.
See What’s New
The Realities of Processing’s Impact on Our Food Supply
Understanding the Nutrition Label: The Importance of its Design
In the News: Consumer Brands CEO Pens Op-Ed in RealClear Policy, “The Empty Definition Behind ‘Ultra-Processed’”
Understanding the Nutrition Label: How Facts Up Front Prioritizes Consumer Education
Consumer Brands: Recall Modernization Needed at FDA for More Effective Communication and Product Removal
What Are Smart Regulations?
We advocate for smart regulatory frameworks that maintain affordability, promote choice and build consumer trust across the sectors we represent, from household and personal care products to food and beverage. We define smart regulations as those that:
- Result in uniform structures
- Empower consumers to make informed decisions
- Enhance trust in consumer packaged goods
- Consider consumer benefit and expectations
- Are informed by risk-based science
- Achieve outcomes efficiently
- Are able to stand the test of time
We work daily with our membership, providing core services to achieve smart regulatory solutions.
- Engaging on policy working groups on food safety, personal care and household products, labeling and Codex to inform and advise the association’s regulatory work.
- Sharing information through members-only, peer-to-peer topic-specific exchanges.
- Providing real-time intelligence on the issues that matter most through weekly newsletters, monthly webinars and other communications.
Our Updates, Delivered to You
Receive the latest updates from the Consumer Brands Association.