Specialist, Member Engagement & Events
4 weeks ago
Arlington, VABack to All Careers
This is a regular, full-time position and is expected on-site at our Rosslyn office Tuesday through Thursday. There is flexibility to work remotely most Mondays and Fridays with the expectation to report to the office if on-site presence is needed.
The specialist, member engagement and events is an internal utility player responsible for facilitating the flow of information within the industry engagement department, including membership, engagement, meetings & events. Reporting to the vice president, revenue and membership growth this role serves as an administrative hub for program support and event execution. They are a trusted resource of the department, heavily engaged in the department’s day-to-day activities from coordinating various meetings to tracking deliverables, gathering data, updating reports and supporting the various meetings and events that the association produces.
Key areas of responsibility
- Support the coordination of meeting logistics with hotel and vendor contacts, including food and beverage, room blocks, meeting room sets, and other event needs.
- Drive the end-to-end transportation of off-site event collateral and supplies including packing, labeling, managing inventory, and tracking.
- Support the collection and preparation of project collateral such as speaker preparation documents, Board pre-read materials, or post-event summaries.
- Generate event registration reports; analyze data to identify trends and provide context to support the event marketing strategy.
- Research and recommend event deliverables to fulfill sponsorship agreements, including attendee gifts and onsite activations.
- Support the coordination of team or company events as needed.
Membership Engagement Operational Support
- Serve as the department’s audio-visual technology expert, assisting with setting up conference rooms and technology for hybrid and in-person meetings.
- Coordinate fulfillment of association product orders from the bookstore.
- Update, organize and maintain various tools, including the department SharePoint site, the Association’s Management System (AMS), reports and spreadsheets used in intradepartmental collaboration and program tracking such as membership dues.
- Serve as the internal expert on the AMS, Impexium, by providing user support to internal staff.
- Execute quarterly member engagement mapping and committee member list auditing and clean up.
- Schedule high-volume sprints of meetings while managing complex schedules and deadlines such as speaker planning calls.
- In partnership with manager, member engagement, create and distribute invoices for annual membership dues renewal, and track incoming payments.
- Submit and code department invoices for payment using the organization’s online tool.
Experience & Education
- 2 – 4 years related experience is required, preferably in a trade association, start-up, or non-profit organization.
- A related BA/BS degree, such as business, hospitality or related field is preferred.
- Experience with data entry is required.
- Experience in event planning or event support is desirable.
- Experience crafting customer service communications is desirable.
- Superb attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent customer service mentality and email etiquette.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Solid interpersonal skills.
- Passion for solving problems and driving results.
- Advanced proficiency in Office 365 Word, Excel, and Outlook including formatting and scheduling tools.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize work.
- Flexibility in learning new software and/or computer/technical applications.
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Ability to work on cross-functional teams.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
The Consumer Brands Association is an equal opportunity employer that supports a diverse workforce. We seek candidates for employment based on knowledge, skills and abilities that are relevant to job performance. We do not discriminate on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Job Application Form
"*" indicates required fields
Our Updates, Delivered to You
Receive the latest updates from the Consumer Brands Association.