Consumer Brands Food & Beverage Labeling Course
Accurate labels provide important information that empowers consumers when making food and beverage purchasing decisions. Labels that don’t meet specific regulatory requirements can lead to costly recalls, consumer mistrust and intervention from federal regulatory agencies.
Ensure you and your team are prepared to meet regulatory labeling requirements with the Consumer Brands Association’s virtual, self-paced Food & Beverage Labeling Course.
Fall: October 16 – November 10
Why take this course?
The Food & Beverage Labeling Course, offered by Consumer Brands, is the premier opportunity for those who interact with labeling to receive in-depth instruction on regulatory labeling requirements for food and beverage products.
The course covers requirements for both FDA and USDA regulated product claims “gluten free”, “fresh”, “low sodium”, “organic” and “natural” along with best practices to ensure product labeling meets meticulous standards. This helps ensure companies provide accurate information to consumers.
This course is a can’t-miss for those needing a refresher or new to labeling.
- General Authorities
- Required Labeling Elements
- Nutrition Labeling
- Ingredient and Nutrition Claims
- Bioengineered Food Labeling
- Special Labeling Provisions
- Placement of Required Labeling Elements
Each area is broken down into subtopics that explain both the regulatory requirements and examples from actual products.
Participants benefit from:
- The ability to view lectures on their own time through a self-paced session and revisit topics as needed, ensuring they fully grasp the concepts.
- A suite of downloadable checklists and resources that support their typical daily activities.
- Live meet-ups, which are scheduled throughout the session with the course instructor, a labeling veteran with over 20 years of experience, for attendees to ask questions and see product examples.
- Meeting fellow professionals in their field.
- A digital certificate indicating they have completed the course.
“Very informative! Really enjoyed the instructors and their eagerness to help. I am new to labeling, but this would be great as a refresher/update too.”
“The course has excellent resources, and the instructors are very knowledgeable. The virtual sessions are excellent to answer any questions you may have, or to dive deeper into topics.”
“This is a very helpful course that can provide a lot of reference for what regulation establishes, it can be used very wisely for reference for some topics.”
Thank you to our association partners
Our Updates, Delivered to You
Receive the latest updates from the Consumer Brands Association.