Recycling Leadership Council to Unveil Comprehensive Plan to Modernize America’s Recycling System
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Andrea Woods, [email protected]
WHAT: Virtual announcement and press Q&A on recycling policy announcement.
WHEN: Thursday, February 4, 2021 at 2:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Senator John Boozman (R-AR)
- Senator Dan Sullivan (R-AK)
- Congressman Anthony Gonzalez (R-OH-16)
- Congresswoman Haley Stevens (D-MI-11)
- Geoff Freeman, president and CEO, Consumer Brands Association
- Meghan Stasz, vice president of sustainability, Consumer Brands Association
- Scott DeFife, president, Glass Packaging Institute
- Dylan DeThomas, vice president of external affairs, The Recycling Partnership
- Allie Hayes, senior director, communications and public policy, Household & Commercial Products Association
- Kate Krebs, director of industry affairs, Closed Loop Partners
DETAILS: Speakers from the Recycling Leadership Council (RLC) will announce a first-of-its-kind federal plan to modernize the U.S. recycling system. The announcement will be supported by a bipartisan group of congressional members who also participated in the launch of the Recycling Leadership Council in January 2020. Press Q&A will follow the announcement.
The RLC is a diverse group of stakeholders from consumer-facing industries, packaging suppliers and leading NGOs and academic institutions from the recycling ecosystem committed to fixing America’s recycling system, creating a harmonized, effective system that works for U.S. consumers, businesses and the environment.
Please contact [email protected] to confirm your participation and receive call-in information.
The Consumer Brands Association champions the industry whose products Americans depend on every day, representing more than 1,700 iconic brands. From household and personal care to food and beverage products, the consumer packaged goods industry plays a vital role in powering the U.S. economy, contributing $2 trillion to U.S. GDP and supporting more than 20 million American jobs.
Published on February 1, 2021
Our Updates, Delivered to You
Receive the latest updates from the Consumer Brands Association.